You are a valued customer and we at Lower strongly believe in protecting the confidentiality and security of the information we collect about you as a customer, potential customer or former customer. We have adopted the following policies and procedures to safeguard the personal information about you in our possession.
Our Privacy Pledge
- We do not sell or rent customer information.
- We share customer information with certain employees and with companies providing services on our behalf in order to service your needs.
- We may share information for our marketing services to offer products to you including joint marketing with other financial companies. We do not share information with our affiliates for their everyday business purposes.
- Our policy is to require all employees and companies providing services on our behalf to keep customer information confidential.
- When you consent or direct Lower to share your personal information, we may share such information with non-affiliates to further assist in your application and mortgage process. Please review “Sharing Information with Non-Affiliates” and “To Limit our Sharing” below.
Safeguarding Personal Information
We have adopted policies and procedures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized use or disclosure.
- We have implemented physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to maintain confidentiality and integrity of the personal information in our possession and to guard against unauthorized access. These include among other things, procedures for controlling access to customer files, building security programs and information technology security measures such as the use of passwords, firewalls, plus virus and use detection software.
- We continue to assess new technology as it becomes available and to upgrade our physical and electronic security systems as appropriate.
- Our policy is to permit employees to access your personal information only if they have a business purpose for using such information, such as administering, providing or developing our products or services.
- Our policy, which governs the conduct of all of our employees, requires all employees to safeguard personal information about the consumers and customers we serve or have served in the past.
Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you to help us serve your financial needs, to provide you with quality products and services and to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. We consider all information about you in our possession to be personal information, even if you cease to be a customer. The personal information we collect about you may include among other things:
- Identifying information, such as your name, age, address, phone number and social security number.
- Employment information.
- Financial information such as your income, assets and liabilities, as well as information about your savings, investments, insurance and business.
Typically, we collect this information on applications and other forms you complete, through conversations you may have with our loan professionals, with our other representatives, and in some cases, over our website. We may also collect information from a wide range of other sources in order to process and/or underwrite your loan. These sources may include among others, employers, attorneys, banks, title insurers, insurance companies and credit reporting agencies.
Sharing Information With Companies That Provide Services to Lower
We share personal information about you, as required or permitted by law, with third parties, such as service providers who assist us in the day to day operations of our company in the administration, processing, servicing and sale of your loan. Additionally, third parties may also include, among others, title companies, appraisers, insurance companies, underwriting services, processing services, printing companies, software providers, and marketing services and purchasers of loans.
Our policy is to require required and necessary third party service providers to enter into confidentiality agreements with us, prohibiting them from using any personal information they obtain for any other purpose other than those for which they were retained or as required by law. Further, Lower may also disclose information about you, when necessary or required, in legal and arbitration proceedings and to government agencies. Lower adheres to all applicable state laws with respect to the sharing of information.
Sharing Information with Non-Affiliates
Lower may share limited and relevant personal information about you only under your explicit consent and permission to non-affiliate financial service providers. Such information shared shall be limited to the following: Your Name, Subject Property Information; Transactional Details (for example: Estimated Closing date, Loan Status, and Loan Amount); and Contact Information.
Any such consent granted by you to Lower will remain in effect until revoked (see “To Limit our Sharing”) or when your application is either consummated or cancelled. Additionally, Lower shall maintain a record of your consent to disclose your personal information, which you are entitled to a free copy upon request.
Note: You may want to make a copy of any document for your records when requested to share your information.
Can We Contact You?
Lower’s main webpage allows you to either enter your phone # or e-mail so that our licensed professionals may reach out to you directly for purposes of providing current or future financial products or other services that may be of interest (and that align with your goal!). If you elect to enter in your information, a disclosure automatically populates, which explicitly alerts you of such action. If you do not wish to receive such financial information or be contacted about other services that may be beneficial, you should not enter your information.
To Limit Our Sharing or to No Longer Be Contacted
While we do not share non public information outside of what the law allows you may contact us at (888) 826-2710.
To Limit Our Sharing
While we do not share non public information outside of what the law allows you may contact us at (888) 826-2710